Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Love Day!


Happy LOVE day!  That's what Zoe wrote on the Valentine's Day card she made for me.  It was a lovely day, and I hope yours was, too. In addition to Zoe's card, Maya gifted me with a poem far nicer than last year's "Roses are red, violets are blue, you're a terrible mother and I HATE you (long story)."  Obviously inspired by the children's book Love You Forever (a book I can't read to my kids without tearing up), this year Maya said, "I love you forever, I like you for always, as long as I'm living, my Mommy you'll be!"

I think most people think of Valentine's Day as a romantic holiday, but I consider it a celebration of love of all kinds (probably because my life is sans romance these days!). So I thought I'd round up some previous posts about love.  If you have nothing better to do this Valentine's Day, I'm sorry, but I hope you'll enjoy!

The nature and quality of love in adoptive families

 What's Love Got To Do With It?

Will I love my adopted child like I love my bio child?

Love is NOT Colorblind

I Love My Hair!

Not Always Love at First Sight

Gitchi Gotcha Goo Means I Love You?

Love, Abandonment Style

Blog Love (as true today as when I wrote it years ago!)

No comments: