Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Foreigners Looking to Adopt Japanese Earthquake Orphans Need Not Apply

That's the title of this article from Fox News:
Foreigners looking to adopt a Japanese child orphaned by the recent earthquake may be surprised to know their help, in that respect, is not wanted at the moment.

“I have been receiving many strange emails, from mostly U.S., and was asked, ‘I want girl, less than 6 months old, healthy child,’ Tazuru Ogaway, director of the Japanese adoption agency Across Japan, told FoxNews.com. “I honestly tell you such a kind of emails makes Japanese people very uncomfortable, because for us, sound like someone who are looking for ‘what I want’ from our terrible disaster.”
Exactly.

P.S.  As much as I liked the Fox News headline, New York Magazine's Daily Intel blog beats 'em: Japan Is Pretty Creeped Out That You’re Trying to Adopt Its Orphans Already.

5 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

“I honestly tell you such a kind of emails makes Japanese people very uncomfortable, because for us, sound like someone who are looking for ‘what I want’ from our terrible disaster.”

It looks like the man has an uncanny ability for stating the obvious...and it sounds like he has no intention of using said tragedy to benefit himself either…hopefully that will continue to be a blessing for the children of Japan.

Anne said...

I can't believe YOU posted/agreed with something from Fox News:).

malinda said...

Anne -- LOL! I was pretty surprised myself, but as they say, even a stopped clock is right two times a day!

Jeff and Madeline said...

I am not seeing it as them agreeing from what you have posted, maybe there is more. They referred to the people contacting agencies regarding this as "help", clearly it is want.

Jonalyn said...

Ugh. How disgusting to get those emails! I *love* the other headline, though. Creepy indeed!