Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Celebrity Adoption, Nicole Kidman Edition

Either Nicole Kidman and husband Keith Urban are adopting from Vietnam, or they are not.

Which is all an excuse to post this seriously funny and sad smart aleck comment to one article reporting on the planned adoption:
This stuff always happens after the national spelling bee. I remember when my parents used to talk about adopting an asian kid whenever they would have one of
them doing math or playing the violin on the tonight show. Looking back I should have expressed a desire to be adopted by an asian family because they are smart people and would help me with my homework instead of getting drunk and watching
the tonight show. just saying.

Doesn't that just paint a vivid picture! And such a perfect thing to read after the culture/heritage/stereotype post!

No comments: