Friday, September 19, 2008

Book Review: We See the Moon

Book: We See the Moon
by Carrie A. Kitze

Review by Zoe

What this book is about: This story is alot like mine because someone asks the same questions like me. Like why did you leave me? Do you remember me? Do you think of me? It is also like mine because the person who wrote it [actually, the narrator] is adopted from China like me, and wonders the same things I wonder.

What I liked about the book: I liked it because the person who wrote it feels the same way I feel. I liked the part about birth parents looking at the same moon as me.

What I didn't like about the book: NOTHING! I wish it had asked one more question I wonder about: do you have a picture of me?

What I learned/How the book helped me: The questions helped me because then I know that someone else wonders about adoption.

3 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

We have this one too. Madeline likes it as well. She told me she likes that her Mama (foster mother) looks at the same moon too.

Anonymous said...

We have this book as well. I love the artwork in it. I would love to get more paintings like these because I think they are beautiful and express appreciation for the simple aspects of Chinese life. I believe the book jacket lists a website that has peasant art for sale. Someday I will get some!

malinda said...

I, too, love the peasant paintings in this book! I bought my first peasant painting in 1991, on my first trip to China as a tourist. I bought several when in China to adopt Zoe, one more when in China to adopt Maya, two in Xiamen when we were living there! OK, so I'm a little obsessed with the peasant paintings!