Thursday, September 18, 2008

Book Review: Little Miss Spider

Book: Little Miss Spider
by David Kirk

Review by Maya

What this book is about: Little Miss Spider is born and her mother isn't around. She is trying to find her mother, who she thought looked like her only bigger. Betty the Beetle helped her look. Miss Spider decided Betty was her mom because she loved her and took care of her.

What I liked about the book: That Little Miss Spider found a mom.

What I didn't like about the book: That the bird was about to eat Little Miss Spider. But it was okay because Betty saved her.

How this book helped me/What I learned: A good mom is one who takes care of you forever.

Remember, we are always on the lookout for guest reviewers! Send a photo (optional!) and the review via email and I will happily post it!

2 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

Thank you Maya. Madeline loves the Sunny Patch show, movies, and books. "Everybody deserves to have someone who loves them the best"--so true.

Anonymous said...

Yay Maya, great review ! I am going to pull that book out again. We haven't looked at it in quite some time (since before Sydney has moved to chapter books).