Sunday, August 31, 2008

Project Implicit

Project Implicit is an on-line attitude assessment research project out of Harvard. You don't answer attitude questions, instead you do sorting tasks that reveal unconscious attitudes. It's kind of fun, and includes a wide array of subjects that are randomly assigned, including racism, sexism, ageism, nationalism, etc. I discovered that I'm a terrible ageist, so I'm working on that. I'm pretty balanced when it comes to race and national origin, but when sorting into categories of "us (undefined)" and "them (undefined)," I have a strong preference for "us." Hmmm. I wonder who "us" is?!

2 comments:

Jeff and Madeline said...

I never got to the test you did. I took four tests and none related to "isms". Oh well. When I have more time I will go back, maybe there are more tests to take!

malinda said...

They used to let you choose what tests to take, but now it's random, which is a bummer! But if you keep at it, you'll get to those "isms." And you're helping with the research, so it's all good!