Thursday, August 28, 2008

Don't Forget Earthquake Victims

It's been a little over 3 months since the devastating earthquakes in Sichuan Province, and I think it's started to pass off our radar just a little. We made donations when it first happened. For weeks afterward, Maya would bring me any change she found (she was so proud of herself when she "found" all this change in the car -- right in the place where I put all my change for tolls, etc!) and say it was "for the earthquake." Zoe got a little frustrated with Maya stealing her change, too, and yelled at her, "Maya, the earthquake is OVER! They don't NEED your money!" I had to explain that it was because the earthquake was over that money was needed!

But like many humanitarian crises, I hadn't thought to do anything about it lately. But then I got an email from Half the Sky Foundation reminding me that help is still needed.

Click here to nominate Half the Sky for a donation from American Express. It doesn't cost you a penny, and if Half the Sky is in the top 25, they will be able to help kids in refugee camps in Sichuan Province, kids orphaned by the earthquake. There are only 4 days left to try to move Half the Sky into the top 25

Or go to Half the Sky to make your own donation.

If you know of other organizations soliciting donations for earthquake relief, tell us about them in the comments.

Thanks!

No comments: