Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Adopted: The Movie

Someone just posted about this new documentary on one of the adoption lists. It follows a 32-year-old Korean adoptee as she tries to connect with her adoptive family. One of the quotes from her is something like "the most dangerous thing I've ever done is raise the issue of my adoption with my family." Wow. The film also follows a family's wait to adopt from China. The DVD isn't available for sale yet, it seems. But it looks really informative and thought-provoking. I can't wait to see it! Check it out by clicking here.

Be sure to check out the Learn More section. There are great videos about racism, Asian-American stereotypes, being Chinese in America, transracial adoption. . . . Just really great stuff! Here's a really thought-provoking one:

1 comment:

Jeff and Madeline said...

I have been on the list for months now for the initial release. The snippets are really telling and coolest of all is that Jacqui, John and Roma (formerly in foster care with the same foster mother as Madeline in Nanning) are followed on their journey to China and back. I know she finished their final visit with the show producers about a month ago so I would think it would be soon--the date was moved back initially and it is now saying Fall I believe.

I am looking foward to the seeing the whole movie.